Thursday, April 5, 2007

Last Snow


Well its April 4th... about a week from my departure date to the South Pacific. I am in New Hampshire now and its snowing. I'd have to say that I'm happy to see white all around me as this will probably be the last snow I'll see in at least two years. My last month before I take off has been a great cross-country trip visiting family and friends along the way. I thank all of you that have let me crash at your respective homes or sacrificed sleep or good health to see me off. I think its really staring to sink in now. This is it, no turning back now!
I've spent the better part of this week getting last minute items and configuring them into my luggage. Its pretty crazy to think that I am packing 80lbs for over two years. At least I'm going to a warm climate. I could probably get by with a leaf and some string if I really had to. I went to the post office in Hooksett here to weigh my bags. My brother and I threw the luggage up on those small scales to make sure I would not be charged extra at the airport. I couldn't tell if the people in line were pissed that I was holding up the line for this or confused at what we were doing (maybe both).
Tomorrow is going to be the last time I see my parents and my little brother in quite a while, gonna be tough. It was already sad saying goodbye to my older sister and girlfriend in Chicago. Next stop is goodbyes in San Diego. That might be when I break down. My sister, brother, and brother-in-law are pretty much dropping me off at the gate to my new life for two years. Wow!

No comments: